OH! Open House is a rapidly growing arts organisation. We are a small and dedicated team, and every single person plays in important part in bringing our programmes to life.
WHY OH! OPEN HOUSE
OH! tells alternative stories of Singapore. Coming on board means playing a part in ensuring that important stories of individuals, communities and our society are shared and not buried.
When you join OH!, you’re a part of a community of staff, artists, volunteers, and friends who all come together to make our programmes happen. This family works hard, but we also play hard. We regularly make the time to see exhibitions, go out together, and we frequently organise activities like artist talks and neighbourhood walks for our entire community.
If you’re excited about joining a small, passionate team to bring new, interesting and daring art events to life, we’d love to meet you.
Read tips on writing cover letters.
We regret to inform you that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
[Posted on 1 Oct 2021 - Application closes 31 Dec 2021]
OH! Open House is looking for our next marketing and communications manager. You will be the craftsman behind communications initiatives and campaigns for the organisation, develop a variety of skills and have a hand in bringing art closer to the masses.
- Plan and create content and communication materials in line with overall marketing strategy, including eDMs, carousel posts, videos, gifs, filters – copywriting skills are an added bonus
- Work closely with the curatorial team to execute marketing and public relations campaigns for all programmes
- Management of social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Google, TripAdvisor to support sales and promote brand interaction
- Support marketing strategy by monitoring results of content delivered across all platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field. Candidates with equivalent experience will also be considered
- Experience in content creation for multiple platforms
- Excellent spoken and written English, with the ability to communicate complex ideas in an accessible manner
- Strong understanding of social media trends
- Resourceful and creative in problem-solving
- Independent and able to work under minimal supervision
- At least 1 year of relevant working experience in a marketing rol
- Basic proficiency in photo and video editing software
- Knowledge of cultural trends and willingness to analyse and research online conversations about OH! and our programmes
- Knowledge in social media analytics tools
- Interest in the local and/or regional visual arts scene
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Submit your CV and Cover Letter (which should include answers to the following) before 31 Dec 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Why would you like to join OH?
- State specifically how your skills and experience would benefit OH.
- What does the arts mean to you?
OH! STORIES: NEW WORLD’S END
FRONT-OF-HOUSE STAFF (PART-TIME)
FRONT-OF-HOUSE STAFF (PART-TIME)
OH! Open House is looking for part-time Front-of-House staff to run OH! Stories: New World’s End, OH’s first-ever permanent art experience at Jalan Besar. It is an audio-guided tour that brings the audience through immersive sets and the backalleys of Jalan Besar. You will be the person on the ground to ensure a seamless experience for our guests.
Submit your CV to email@example.com.
- All year round
- Facilitate guest SafeEntry check-in, temperature-taking, ticket check-in and guest declaration
- Introduce guests to the tour and provide instructions of how to use the audio set
- Manage distribution, collection, and sanitisation of audio sets
- Conduct crowd control under Covid-19 safety measures whenever required
- Assist with guests’ enquiries on the ground and communicate guests’ feedback to the OH team
- Carry out basic daily maintenance duties at the beginning and end of the shift
- Singaporean or PR
- Positive attitude and willing to learn
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Enjoy working in the arts/tourism field is preferred
SGD $8 / hour
- Black top with jeans/pants
- A staff badge will be provided for the day
- No shorts and no flip flops
- Fri - Sun and public holidays: 4.45 - 11.15 pm, including 45 min meal break*
- Fri - Sun and public holidays: 5.30 - 11pm (last tour leaves at 10pm)
**Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. On-boarding training will be provided.