THE OH! OPEN HOUSE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME
At OH!, interns are involved in the process of putting together our programmes. Our interns don’t just do the boring work no one else wants to do—they’re critical to the success of our programmes. In the past, interns have created marketing campaigns and led projects.
Almost all our full-time staff used to be interns, and other ex-interns have stayed in the community as volunteers, consultants, and freelancers. Joining OH! opens up a world of opportunity in Singapore’s art scene, and you’ll leave with in-depth knowledge about running an arts programme from start to end.
We generally hire interns in 2 half-year cycles, from January to June, and June to December, but we can make exceptions—just get in touch. Internships are full-time and come with a stipend.
To apply for any of the internships below, email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Current internships available:
- Curatorial Internship
- Arts Management Internship
- OH! Stories Internship
The curatorial intern assists in writing and research for our upcoming programmes. In addition, the curatorial intern will serve as artist liaison, building and maintaining a relationship with an external curator and a roster of artists.
We are currently looking for someone who can commit for 6 months.
- Assist in curatorial research and prepare presentations for different audiences.
- Assist in supplying different departments with relevant research when required.
- Assist in liaising with artists and other stakeholders.
- Assist with any related administrative duties.
- Assist the team in execution of programmes, including the installation and deinstallation of artworks.
- Support the Curatorial Team and Artistic Director in achieving their artistic ambitions.
- Creative, quick-thinking and ability to learn fast.
- Able to work under high pressure, stressful situations and deal with tight timelines. Ability to multi task is essential.
- Clear communicator, in person and writing.
- Is a research monster: can dig up obscure facts, has the intuition to follow interesting trends to fruitful ends, can add critical value to a google search.
ARTS MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIP
The arts management intern will be given project management responsibilities for OH! Open House’s upcoming programming, working directly with curators, artists, and other stakeholders to ensure the successful execution of programming. In addition, they are responsible for developing and organising programming for OH!’s community of volunteers.
We are currently looking for someone who can commit full-time for 6 months.
- Research, plan and organise a cohesive series of engagement and education programming for volunteers
- Liaise with curators and artists to ensure smooth execution of programmes
- Plan timelines and budgets, managing different parties
- Cultivate relationships with different stakeholders (partners, volunteers, etc.)
- Other programme administration and logistics duties
- Organised with strong attention to detail
- Able to work independently and multi-task
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to connect and communicate with people from different backgrounds
- Experience with arts programming or events a plus
- Experience organising and facilitating educational or community engagement programming is a plus
OH! STORIES INTERNSHIP
OH! Stories is a new endeavour by OH! at the intersection of art and technology. OH! Stories uses technology to bring OH!’s signature programming of site-specific art to audiences in the form of a mobile app. As the OH! Stories intern, you will be involved in all aspects of making this app come to life.
This is a full-time, 6 month internship from June to December 2019.
- Research and secure partnerships, including preparing pitches and marketing
- Liaise directly with artists and writers to ensure production of content
- Assist with the preparation of grants
- Conduct market research and analysis
- Prepare presentations for various audiences
- Degree in Business, Management or a related field
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience with writing in a business context, e.g. grants, proposals, sales pitches
- Interest in the arts
- Interest in tourism
- Experience in a startup environment is preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.